In the world, full of Windows Laptops, everything is easy. Any average user with some knowledge, become easily familiar with Windows GUI. No doubt it’s a powerful and user friendly platform. But when it comes to Linux, thing changes. You can’t handle Linux with a little knowledge. Moreover, it will take time to be familiar with Linux GUI. And the power of Linux, truly understand only by a GEEK. So, Geeks this one is for you. A new Linux Notebook is launched by Litebook for $249.
The Laptop named Litebook (same as its company name) configured with Intel quad-core Braswell processor. It’s a 14-inch notebook comes with Elementary OS of Linux with 4GB RAM and 512GB hard disk. The notebook is listed on the company’s official website.
However, there is another version available with a 32GB mSATA solid state disk and a 512GB hard disk, adding $20 more with actual cost.
Litebook Laptop Specifications
- Powered by Intel Celeron N3150 1.6 GHz Quad Core processor
- 4GB of RAM and 512GB of Hard drive.
- 14.1 inch LCD Display having resolution of 1080 X 1920 pixels
- Two USB 3.0 ports, an HDMI port, headset jack, an Ethernet port, and a microSDXC port.
- For connectivity it support latest Bluetooth 4.0 and 802.11n WiFi.
- The Notebook also have a 720p webcam and stereo speakers.
- Dimension: 13.5 x 9.3 x .64 inches and weights around 2.9 pounds
- Comes with 1 year warranty.
- Three different colors are available Black, Red and White
Moreover the Litebook ships with WPS Office. However, if you want you can load traditional LibreOffice anytime. As you know the Litebook is coming with Elementary OS, but you can also replace it with any OS featuring Linux kernel 4.8. You can also install Windows if you want to.
With this configuration and price, the Litebook seems much more appealing than any other notebook. So, if you are a Geek and looking for a powerful Linux Notebook at reasonable price, Go for it!