MediaTek Helio X30 is a next-gen deca-core SoC. Just like Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 and Samsugn Exynos 9, Helio X30 built on 10nm FinFET process. MediaTek says Helio X30 is entering production right now and the first smartphone powered by the chipset will become available sometime in Q2 of 2017.
Helio X30 is the most powerful SoC offered by MediaTek till date. Its a first smartphone SoC to use 10 nanometer (nm) fabrication in creation of 10 cored (Deca-core). “It increases performance up to 35% and reduce the power consumption by 50%, as compare to Helio X20”, company said.
MediaTek Helio X30 Specifications
- Just like Helio X20, Helio X30 designs over Tri-Cluster configuration with dual Cortex A73 cores clocked at 2.5GHz, four Cortex A53 cores clocked at 2.2GHz and four Cortex A35 cores clocked at 1.9GHz.
- On the Graphics side, it features tailored Imagination PowerVR Series7XT Plus GPU at a frequency of 800MHz.
- For the camera, the SoC has two 14-bit image signal processors (ISP) that can utilize 16MP+16MP layouts. MediaTek claims that the included ClearZoom (better high zoom ratios) and Total Noise Reduction technologies will lead to much crisper pictures. There is also a new Vision Processing Unit (VPU) alongside the ISP to take some of the image processing workload off of the CPU and GPU.
- It supports up to 8GB LPDDR4x RAM clocked at 1866MHz and UFS 2.1 storage.
- On the network front, all-new SoC support three downlink Carrier Aggregation (3CA) and two uplink Carrier Aggregation (2CA) using 4G LTE-Advanced WorldMode Modem.
Along with MediaTek Helio X30, the company is also introducing CorePilot 4.0 technology. The CorePilot 4.0 technology enables intelligent task scheduling and UX monitoring for efficient battery usage. “CorePilot 4.0 can deliver up to 25 percent more power savings over the previous version,” the company says in its release.
Okay, so that was a lot of new stuff. However, there isn’t any announcement about which smartphone will be first to feature Helio X30. Lets see, which smartphone company grab this SoC first.