There is been a lot of rumors about Samsung Galaxy S8. But now, Finally we got something solid to rely upon. The Guardian has published a post, which shows a lot of details about Samsung Galaxy S8. Initially, Galaxy S8 was set to release on 29 March. But now the new report shows it will release on 21st April, 2017.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Features
- There are two variants of Samsung Galaxy S8 codenamed Dream and Dream 1. Furthermore, screen size will vary between 5-6 inches.
- Displays are curved, almost bezel-less infinity screens. Even there wasn’t any room to put a Samsung logo on the front of the device.
- Fingerprint Scanner is placed at the back of the device (where?, not specified yet).
- Duo Pixel Camera is same like Galaxy S7, with improvements in image quality, low-light performance and speed.
- 3.5mm Headphone Jack.
- Iris Scanner form Note7.
- Bixby AI Assistance.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Chipset.
- Inbuilt Storage of 64GB. SD-Card sill exits, expand storage upto 256GB.
- USB-C for charging.
- Samsung’s Gear VR headset and Gear 360 camera.
- New Accessories: A dock and service that turn the Galaxy S8 into an “Android desktop computer” called DeX (Desktop Extension).
With respect to design, Samsung Galaxy S8 is almost a non-bezel phone. In the image you can see, front of the phone is all covered with curved display. There are almost no bezels on either sides. In fact, there is no Home Button on the phone and there isn’t any company logo on the front. Sources say, “they didn’t find any room for company logo on the front“. A little space on the top, where camera, sensor and iris scanner is placed. Fingerprint Sensor is placed at the back of the device (probably a first Samsung mobile to have fingerprint sensor on the back). The location where they placed the Fingerprint Sensor is still unknown. A 3.5mm Headphone Jack is also sticking around.
Coming to in-builds, Galaxy S8 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset which was recently released. Samsung is the only manufacturing partner for the Snapdragon 835 so far. Furthermore Galaxy S8 64 GB of internal storage which can be expandable upto 256 GB using Micro SD-Card.
Galaxy S8 features the same “duo pixel” rear camera just like its predecessor Galaxy S7. But there will some improvements with respect to image quality, low-light performance and speed. There are also other features like built-in object recognition probably powered by Bixby AI Assistance. Sources also claimed that the iris scanning bio-metric technology (initially used in Galaxy Note7) is also present in Glaxy S8. Unlock your smartphone with your eyes.
Most of all, there is something unique offered by Samsung, i.e DeX as a part of accessories. DeX has been likened to Microsoft’s Continuum. There isn’t much about it, but as sources says “there will a new dock and service that turns the Galaxy S8 into an Android desktop computer, connecting to a monitor, keyboard and other peripherals.” Furthermore a new VR Gear Headset is also available.
I have to say, reports are very juicy. But we have to wait for the official release – which will take a little long because Samsung won’t be present at MWC 17.