In the latest release from Google, Android 14 beta 4 has arrived with a host of exciting new features. In this article, we will take an in-depth look at the changes and improvements introduced in this build. From the lock screen to the home screen, and from theming to system settings, we will explore the enhancements that Android 14 beta 4 brings to the table. So, let’s dive in and discover what’s new!
Lock Screen and Home Screen
– The lock screen remains unchanged in Android 14 beta 4.
– Moving to the home screen, one notable change is observed in the themed icons. The icons now have increased contrast compared to Beta 3, resulting in a visually appealing appearance.
– Dark theme enthusiasts will also notice that the icon backgrounds have become darker, complementing the overall theme.
App Drawer and Google Search Bar
– In the app drawer, the background now appears darker, making the icons more visible.
– The Google search bar at the top of the screen stands out with a different color, improving its visibility in both light and dark themes.
Wallpaper and Style App
– Adaptive theming in Android 14 beta 4 brings about changes in color palettes, which are now darker and slightly more muted.
– The clock color and size menu receives a minor tweak, with the heading now matching the exact name displayed on the front page.
– Under the shortcuts menu, items are organized differently, though no additional options are available.
Share Sheet and Markup App
– The share sheet, which was broken in beta 3, now functions without any issues.
– Notable changes in the share sheet include a header that dynamically matches the content being shared and an edit button that appears as a glyph icon with a floating background color.
– The nearby option has moved to the top section next to your apps, and the handle at the top is wider and darker.
– In the markup app, the save button has been replaced with the share option when editing a photo from the recent apps screen.
Miscellaneous Tweaks and Enhancements
– Tapping on color chips in phone calls no longer results in a black screen delay.
– The biomatrix authentication card now features a darker color for the fingerprint icon.
– The silent mode icon in the status bar has been updated with a new design.
Changes in Settings
– Under security and privacy, the device unlock settings now include an option called Auto confirm unlock. This feature eliminates the need to tap on the enter key or confirm key after entering a 6-digit PIN code on the lock screen.
– Speech settings have been relocated from the keyboard section to the languages menu under system.
Android 14 beta 4 includes a lengthy list of bug fixes, ensuring a smoother user experience. For a comprehensive list of fixes, please refer to the Google News Group on Telegram.
If you want to know more about all the new changes then you can check the Twitter thread from @Mishaal Rahman
Android 14 Beta 4 just dropped, so here’s my thread covering what’s new 🧵 pic.twitter.com/jYgJcTtbsz— Mishaal Rahman (@MishaalRahman) July 11, 2023
Overall, Android 14 beta 4 appears to be a stable release with noteworthy improvements. While filming the video, no major issues were encountered on the OnePlus 7 Pro, and performance remained consistent with the stable version. Further testing will determine if battery life and thermals have been enhanced. If you are using Android 14 beta 4, feel free to share any additional changes or features you have discovered in the comments. Thank you for watching, and until next time!