Leaked renders of the highly anticipated Galaxy Watch 6 and Galaxy Watch 6 Classic have surfaced, giving us a glimpse of what to expect from Samsung’s upcoming smartwatches. The renders, obtained by WinFuture, provide a clear view of the designs and colors of the watches.
Galaxy Watch 6: Elegant Design and Color Options
The press renders reveal that the Galaxy Watch 6 will be available in three stylish colors: silver, black, and cream. These renders, believed to be the official designs from Samsung, showcase the refined and sleek appearance of the watch. The use of sapphire glass throughout the display cover ensures excellent durability and scratch resistance.
Galaxy Watch 6 Classic: The Return of the Rotating Bezel
Months ago, renowned leaker OnLeaks had given us a first look at the Galaxy Watch 6 Classic, and these new renders further confirm its design.
The Classic model will feature a physical rotating bezel, a beloved feature that was absent in the previous Galaxy Watch 5 series. The bezel allows for convenient navigation and control of the watch’s interface.
Classic Inspiration: Galaxy Watch 6 Draws Design Influence from Galaxy Watch 4
The Galaxy Watch 6 Classic bears a striking resemblance to its predecessor, the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic. The circular display is surrounded by slightly thick bezels, with the Home and Back buttons placed on the right side. The addition of a prominent protrusion between the buttons sets it apart from the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro. Samsung is expected to offer multiple strap options for the Watch 6 Classic, providing users with customization choices.
Case Sizes, Water Resistance, and a New Processor
According to WinFuture, the Galaxy Watch 6 will come in two case sizes: 40mm and 44mm. On the other hand, the Classic model will be available in 43mm and 47mm variants. This wide range of sizing options ensures a comfortable fit for a diverse range of wrist sizes.
Both the Galaxy Watch 6 and Watch 6 Classic will feature 5ATM water resistance, allowing users to wear them confidently while swimming or engaging in water-related activities.
In terms of processing power, the Galaxy Watch 6 series is expected to feature upgraded Exynos W930 processors that offer improved performance and efficiency compared to its predecessors. However, specific details about the processors have not been disclosed at this time.
Release Date and New Features
Samsung is expected to unveil the Galaxy Watch 6 series alongside the Galaxy Z Fold 5 and Galaxy Z Flip 5 at an event in Seoul scheduled for the end of July. The company may also showcase the highly anticipated Galaxy Tab S9 during this event. It promises to be an exciting occasion for tech enthusiasts and Samsung fans alike.
Galaxy Watch 6 Specifications:
- Thinner bezels: The standard version of the Galaxy Watch 6 will feature thinner bezels compared to its predecessor. According to IceUniverse, the 40mm model will have a 1.31″ screen size with a 432×432 resolution (compared to the Watch 5’s 40mm model with a 1.2″ screen and 396×396 resolution). The 44mm model will have a 1.47″ screen size with a 480×480 resolution (compared to the Watch 5’s 44mm model with a 1.4″ screen and 450×450 resolution).
100% confirmed, Exclusive: The Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 has increased the screen size of the dial to 1.47 inches, and the resolution has also been correspondingly improved, which means that the screen proportion has finally been improved.— ICE UNIVERSE (@UniverseIce) April 4, 2023
- Curved display: Rumors suggest that Samsung will return to a curved glass design for the Galaxy Watch 6, departing from the existing flat design.
- Battery boost: The 40mm model of the Galaxy Watch 6 is expected to come with a 300mAh battery, an improvement over the Galaxy Watch 5’s 284mAh battery. The 44mm model might feature a 425mAh battery, compared to last year’s 410mAh. These battery enhancements aim to provide a longer-lasting device.
- Faster processor: The Galaxy Watch 6 will reportedly feature the Exynos W930 processor, as mentioned by SamMobile. This processor is expected to be more than 10 percent faster than the chipset used in the previous two Galaxy Watch series, offering improved performance.
- Rotating bezel: The Galaxy Watch 6 classic is rumored to reintroduce the physical rotating bezel that was well-received in the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic. But in the regular Galaxy Watch 6, it’s the old touch-based rotating bezel.
- Broader compatibility: Samsung is aiming to expand the compatibility of its health monitoring features. The previous Galaxy Watch 5/4 series limited ECG and blood pressure monitoring to Samsung Galaxy users only. However, with the Galaxy Watch 6, Samsung may lift this limitation, allowing non-Galaxy phone users to enjoy these health benefits.
- Irregular heart rhythm alerts: The Galaxy Watch 6 will feature a new FDA-approved feature that alerts users about irregular heart rhythms. Samsung states that once enabled in the Samsung Health Monitor app, the watch’s BioActive Sensor will monitor for irregular heart rhythms in the background, providing users with timely alerts.
- Sapphire glass Protection
- Sizes: 40mm, 44mm
- Water resistance: 5ATM
- Available colors: Silver, Graphite, Cream/Gold
- Expected launch: End of July 2023
Galaxy Watch 6 Classic Specifications:
There isn’t much detail known about the Galaxy Watch 6 Classic. All we know is that it will have all the features of the previously mentioned Galaxy Watch 6. Will it feature any additional features is still unknown. But there are some rumored specifications:
- Physical Rotating bezel
- Available colors: Graphite, Silver
- Sizes: 43mm, 47mm
- Water resistance: 5ATM
- Processor: Exynos W930
- Expected launch: End of July 2023
Another leaker Ahmed Qwaider on Twitter also tweeted some features of the Galaxy Watch 6. He claims the screen size, battery, and performance will see a massive improvement.
⭕️Exclusively🔥— Ahmed Qwaider (@AhmedQwaider888) June 20, 2023
screen size 20% ⬆️
Back norgin 30% ⬇️
20% higher performance battery
💥Galaxy watch 6
40m 300mAh (Graphite-Gold)
44m 425mAh (Graphite-Silver)
💥Galaxy Watch 6 Classic
43m. 300mAh (Graphite-Silver)
47m. 425mAh (Graphite-Silver)
💥Exynos w930 5nm
While pricing details are still unknown, it is expected that the Galaxy Watch 6 series will be priced similarly to the Galaxy Watch 5 series. The Galaxy Watch 6 is predicted to start at around $279 and the Galaxy Watch 6 Classic to start at around $399 with variations in price based on size, connectivity options, and additional features.
Samsung fans and tech enthusiasts eagerly await the official announcement and release of the Galaxy Watch 6 and Galaxy Watch 6 Classic. These new smartwatches will offer enhanced features, refined designs, and improved performance, solidifying Samsung’s position in the wearable technology market.